Saturday, April 30, 2005

"America's Finest News Source" on the well-read man

Via Rake's Progress: Our favorite news source (after The Daily Show, of course), The Onion, has a feature on a truly literate man, who reads only the classics. Of course, only the first hundred pages or so:

"Listen, I'm no book snob," said Seward, settled into his favorite reading chair and running his hand over a nearly half-well-thumbed copy of Pride and Prejudice. "It's just that I love cracking the binding on a truly good book and reading until I drift off. I'd say it's something I do two or three times a week."
This did remind me of Ian McEwan's assertion to salon.com that he reads only about twenty pages (or so) of the contemporary novels that reach his doorstep by the hundreds...

Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo
Google
Technorati search
Blogarama - The Blog Directory