Friday, April 22, 2005

How JSF found an agent

Ever wonder how writers and agents get together? I have. Here's an interesting tidbit about how Jonathan Safran Foer found his agent:

For my novel, I knew that writers got agents, the very typical route. And so I went to authors that I loved. I went to their acknowledgments page and saw if they thanked an agent. And that was the agent I would send it to. So I remember I went to Howard Norman and he thanks Melanie Jackson. I went to a number of authors who thanked Nicole Aragi, who ended up becoming my agent. It’s a really great way to do things.

This is part of a much, much longer interview (which is sometimes interesting and often quite boring, as it is a transcription of an actual conversation).

Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo
Google
Technorati search
Blogarama - The Blog Directory