Friday, April 08, 2005

Loved Lake of Sorrows!

I was away from the blogosphere yesterday, because I just dove right into Erin Hart's second novel, Lake of Sorrows, and I didn't want to come up for air! I love it when that happens -- pure flow...

I'm always a little cautious when I approach sequels or new installments in a series; in the back of my mind I'm always afraid of disappointment. But I'm thrilled to report that Lake of Sorrows is just as good as Haunted Ground(and now I can't wait for the next book -- the occupational hazard of voracious readers, I suppose. Unfortunately, this third book is still 'under construction' according to Hart's website).

Lake of Sorrows is set about six months after the end of Haunted Ground. Irish anthropologist Cormac Maguire and American pathologist Nora Gavin are still together in Dublin, though there's tension in the relationship (not for lack of love or desire). [It drives me nuts that the Publishers Weekly review said they were on-again, off-again lovers -- don't you just hate when reviewers are sloppy? It just seems disrespectful to the authors and the readers both.] As a consultant for the national museum, Nora is called to the excavation of a bog body found in a bog harvesting area; Gavin tags along to write and spend time together. Things quickly get complicated when a second bog body turns up near the first; this time the dead man is wearing a very modern wristwatch, though the manner of death of both is eerily similar.

I'll post more later, as now I have to run to my sister's for dinner!

Let's just say this:

If you like intelligently plotted mysteries with well-drawn characters and lovely, eloquent language, please give Erin Hart a try.

Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo
Google
Technorati search
Blogarama - The Blog Directory