Thursday, April 28, 2005

Oprah to announce Book Club Summer Selection in late May/early June

Oprah will name a summer selection for her book club in about a month. According to her announcement, posted today in her website, "we are breaking new ground and doing something we haven't done before." I wonder what that could be... maybe a nonfiction title? Several books in a series?

If it is a classic, I would bet on Don Quixote. It's the 400th anniversary, it's a big juicy book, and the paperback edition of the Edith Grossman translation is just coming out. That would be my choice.

What would you choose?

[In the meantime, Oprah has a reading recommendation: "if you need a book right away for your reading groups, I highly recommend the Pulitzer prize winning novel The Known World by Edward P. Jones. It is a masterfully written gem, and I am certain you will not be disappointed."]

Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo
Google
Technorati search
Blogarama - The Blog Directory