Friday, May 13, 2005

An unexpected side effect of blogging

I usually have several packages of books arriving every week; I just can't seem to stop myself from ordering books that look promising. Since I started blogging and cruising the lit blogosphere, I have found many new authors and books to read, so the influx of packages has grown.

That I expected.

What I didn't expect was how often I now find these packages from amazon.com, Powell's, allibris (etc) have surprising contents: books I have no recollection of ordering. Once I look them over, I know I ordered them, because they all have something that catches my interest -- plot, theme, character, that elusive first sentence... but for the life of me I cannot recall how I originally came upon the book... It does make each box more of a gift, though... so many lovely surprises arriving weekly (almost daily!). I just wish I could remember how I found each book for the first time!

Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo
Google
Technorati search
Blogarama - The Blog Directory