Monday, June 27, 2005

Just read: The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

I enjoyed Elizabeth Kostova's first novel, The Historian, though, frankly, I fail to see why she got a 2 million dollar advance. BTW, wouldn't such a large advance be the death of any first-time author's promising career? Who can sell enough to pay out that advance?

It took me about a week to finish this novel. I'm not sure if that's due to its heft or to my own lack of concentration. It's an interesting approach to the Dracula story, and I'm a sucker for books with scholars as protagonists... and scholarly work at the center of the story.

As you can probably tell, I'm still not to my usual speed blogging- or reading-wise. Hopefully will continue getting better...

Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo
Google
Technorati search
Blogarama - The Blog Directory