Sunday, June 05, 2005

Today in my family's history

Today is my parents' anniversary. Had my father lived, he and my mom would be celebrating their fortieth wedding anniversary today. Theirs was quite a love story, which makes me wonder why I don't believe in true love myself...

My parents met forty-five years ago this summer, when my mom was just a fifteen year-old high school girl away from home from the first time. She was attending a summer camp for gifted students sponsored by the state university; he was a seventeen-year old college student who drank too much and partied too hard with his frat buddies. Still, somethiing must have clicked between my shy mom and my outgoing dad, because they became inseparable that summer. It must have helped that she was staying at his house (his family ran a guest house)...

They married four years later, the day after my mom graduated from college. Four years after that they had me...

Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo
Google
Technorati search
Blogarama - The Blog Directory